Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This Ramadan

I've been very out of touch with my blog so in prep for Ramadan insha Allah, I've decided to do something a little different this time around. Ramadan is a time to catch up and better ourselves through worship and good deeds. But also, sadly but surely, Ramadan season is when the cooking begins (ironic, I know...so typically, we fast from dawn till dusk and then feast like there's no tomorrow). We spend large amounts of time in the kitchen, preparing enticing dishes while we mull over them until Maghrib time comes around. Then, we feast.

Pardon the sarcasm but unfortunately, it's true. I guess we do learn while preparing these dishes the amount of patience and perseverence that the poor and needy face each day with no hopes of achieving even a bite to eat at the end of the day. This, my brothers and sisters, is just an atoms weight of the hunger and deprivation our brothers and sisters face around the world.

Anyway, before I started going off topic as usual, I wanted to add a little twist to my posts this Ramadan. Once in a while, randomly, I might post up Iftar entries to show you guys what I'm cooking. I'm starting off small with easy, quick dishes and working my way up insha Allah. This doesn't mean I won't still be posting my not-so-up-to-date reminders hehe, but rather I'll be doing whatever I can find time to do insha Allah. So look out for those Iftar entires you'll be lucky to catch every once in a while and keep up-to-date :) Hope you enjoy it!

Ma'Assalama,
Hena

No comments: