I know it's not Ramadan yet but I thought I'd get a head start. Here's your first Iftar entry :) yippee...
Tonight's iftar was simple, easy but yummy. My mom bought a small easy-to-use grill, which I LOVE :) because it's easy and healthy (2 things EVERYONE is talking about nowadays).
So for starters, I used the grill for Grilled Lemon-Peppered Chicken. It was very simple and very yummy.
Grilled Lemon-Peppered Chicken: Combine 1 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (tastes awful straight-up but great in recipes and it's good for ya), and a pinch of paprika. Marinate chopped pieces of boneless chicken in seasoning mix for about an hour. Grill and enjoy sizzlin' hot.
Side your platter with a tunafish finger sandwich and a nice portion of your favorite berries (I like blackberries and rasberries, strawberries work too).
For the salad, mix a blend of diced mangoes, diced apples, blueberries, almonds and baby spinach leaves topped with crumbled Feta and Rasberry-Hazelnut Vinaigrette. This makes a great salad because you have some of that sweet, tangy taste in there as well and the Rasberry-Hazelnut Vinaigrette is great!
For dessert, we have homemade blueberry muffins...yum!
For the muffins, you can use Betty Crocker's recipe:
You'll need 2 cups Bisquick mix, 2/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tbsp vegetable oil, 1 egg, 3/4 cup fresh blueberries. Remember to preheat your conventional oven to 400-425 degrees and spray your cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Then combine all the ingredients and divide the batter between the cupcake cups and bake for about 13-18 minutes.
Enjoy your Iftar meal!
Ma'Assalama,
Hena

No comments:
Post a Comment