Thursday, October 23, 2008

Rememberance

“Truly, in remembering God do hearts find rest.” (Quran 13:28)

I never really thought about this Ayah until I looked at nature. SubhanAllah, the glory and might of Allah is so apparent in just the little everyday things we overlook. Whether it's the moon that lights the night sky or the sun's rays in the morning, there are so many miracles and beautiful signs of Allah just about everywhere and anywhere you look. I keep referring back to the "Your Best You" conference only because I felt like there was so much learning involved, but something one of the sisters had mentioned was finding one thing in nature that every time you look at it, it makes you reflect and puts your heart at ease. It may be the sun or the moon or even the trees. Anything really. For me, it would probably be the sky. The toxic, human-polluted sky =].

But no, really. The sky is just so vast and enormous, like the endless possibilities in this world. There's so much to do, so many things to see. So many people to meet. You can never get enough...similarly, so is knowledge. No matter what you do, no matter where you go, there will always be someone who knows something you don't know. That reminds me of the story of Musa and Khidr and how Musa traveled great distances just to find this one man in the world who knew something he did not know. I won't get into the specific story...but it's cool, isn't it? =)

I guess other things that you might find in nature would include trees and animals. Horses, for instance, live such laid-back, quiet lives. I went to the Campus Farm the other day and just stood besides the horses for a good 20 minutes. They were so calm and stress-free...nothing to worry about at all. It really made me feel good to just pet them and relax.

Just a little something I was thinking about, so now it's something you're thinking about too =)...

Ma'Assalama,
Hena

2 comments:

dropofcreation said...

i really wanna go ride the horsies:)

Hena said...

haha yeah, i wonder if they let you do that b/c if they do, count me in =)