Thursday, January 14, 2010

Reward for Conceiving and Delivering a Child

"Ibn Umar reports that the Prophet said that women get such reward for conception and delivery which is granted to the soldiers defending the borders of the land of Islam. If she dies in this stage, she is rewarded like a martyr." (Majma 3, 308)

Sa'eed ibn al-Jubayr narrated on the authority of Ibn Umar, (may Allah be well pleased with father and son), saying, "I believe he [i.e. Ibn 'Umar] raised it to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and give him peace, "A woman in her pregnancy to the time of her delivery to the time of her weaning is like a soldier in the way of Allah."

Abu Umama Bahili reports that the Prophet said: "If women bear with the hardship of the delivery of child, are kind to their children and do not disobey their husbands, they would be admitted to Paradise." (Ithaf 5)

Anas, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated: Salamah, the wetnurse of Ibrahim, the son of the Prophet, peace of and blessings of Allah upon him, said, "O Messenger of Alah. You give tidings of all the good to the men and you don't give tidings to the women." He said, "Did your female companions induce you to [ask] this?" She said, "Yes." He said, "Will one of you not be pleased that when she is pregnant from her husband and he is pleased with her that she has a reward like the reward of the one who fasts and prays in the way of Allah? Then when she is in labor, none of the people of the heavens or the earth know what is hidden for her of [pleasures,] soothing to her eyes. And when she delivers, no mouthful of milk flows from her nor a [child's] suck except that she has a reward with every mouthful and with every suck.
And if [her child] keeps her awake during the night, she has a reward similar to the reward of freeing seventy slaves for the sake of Allah."

Anas reports that the Prophet said: "Does it not please you to know that a woman is rewarded like a fasting person fighting in Allah's way, who conceives the child while her husband is pleased with her. As she suffers from the pangs of labour, no one realizes what rewards are in store for her. She is rewarded for every drop of milk fed by her to her baby. If she remains awake at night on the account of her baby, she is rewarded as much as it is due for freeing seventy slaves in Allah's cause. These rewards are for such fortunate women who are pious and not ungrateful to their husbands." (Majma 4,308)

Maqil ibn Yasar recounts the Prophet's saying: "Amongst your woman the best one is she who is affectionate and gives birth to a large number of children." (Kanz al Ummah 16, 126)

Abu Umamah al-Bahili reported that Allah's Messenger (saw) said:
"While I was sleeping, two men (angels) came to me, held my upper arms, and took me to a rough mountain. They said," Climb." I said," I cannot climb it."
They said, " We will make it easy for you."
He continued: " So I ascended until I reached a high place in the mountain. I heard fierce cries and asked, " What are those cries?" The replied, " That is the howling of the people of the Fire."
He continued: "We moved on until I saw some people who were suspended by their Achilles' tendons, their cheeks cut and gushing blood. I asked, "Who are those?" The replied, "Those are the ones who break their fast when it is not permissible."
He continued: "We moved on until I saw people whowere awfully swollen, and had the most foul stench and the most hideous appearance. I asked," Who are those?" He replied,"Those are the dead of the kuffar (on the battlefield)."
He continued: "We moved on until I saw some people who were awfully swollen, and had the most foul stench--their stench was like that of gutters. I asked," Who are those?" The replied," Those are the male and female adulterers."
He continued: "We moved on until I saw some women with snakes biting at their breasts. I asked," Who are those?" The replied, " Those are the women who deny their children their milk."
He continued: "We moved on until I saw boys playing between two rivers. I asked," who are those?" The replied, " Those are the believers' offspring (who die before puberty.) Recorded by Ibn Khuzaymah (no.1986), Ibn Hibban and others.

Ma'Assalama
Hena

No comments: